This article contains the following information:
The Learning and Testing Ratio notification allows users to be alerted to unusual testing behavior, flagging students that are testing a specified number of times for a topic, but not studying (using the Learn resources). This will alert instructors or administrators that students have taken tests, but have not met a learning duration threshold that you determine.
Learning and Testing Ratio notifications are study path level notifications. They are specific to the study path for which they are created. Similar to other Study Path Options, any existing Learning and Testing Ratio notifications associated with a study path in an existing goal are copied when that goal is copied.
This notification has four fields that need to be configured:
- Name - Distinguishes the notification from other Learning and Testing Ratio notifications that may already exist in the EdReady site.
- Message - You can provide instructions or additional information for instructors or administrators who are supporting students.
- Time Studying - If students do not meet this threshold in conjunction with the number of test attempts, the notification will be triggered.
- Number of tests - If students test this number of times for any topic without meeting the time studying threshold, the notification will be triggered.
Adding this Notification
1. Navigate to the Study Path Options for this goal and scope (more details here), then click the Notifications button. A pop-up window will appear:
A pop up window will appear:
2. Select Learning and Testing Ratio in the Type dropdown
3. Enter a Name for the notification to help distinguish it from other Learning and Testing Ratio notifications that may already exist in your EdReady site. In the Message section, include any instructions or additional information for any instructor or administrator that will view this notification.
4. Enter the study time and number of test attempts that will trigger this notification. For example, if you choose 7 minutes and 3 test attempts, the notification will be triggered after the the third attempt if the student has not spent at least 7 minutes viewing the study resources for that topic.
5. Check the Active box if you wish to make the notification active, and click the Save button to save your notification.