This solution was shared by NROC Member Lucretia White at College of the Albemarle. They converted each assessment to a total of 20 points (one point per question), instead of the 4 points that Moodle was defaulting to. We share this solution here in hopes that it will help others sort out the Moodle scoring problem.
- CIick on the NROC assessment in Moodle.
- Go to the action menu (gear icon).
- Select “Edit Quiz.”
- For the first question in the "Maximum mark" (point allocation) box, click on the pencil. Delete the “1” and type “5.”
- Press “enter” on your keyboard.
- You should see the “Total of Points” number change.
- Then, change the "5" points back to "1" point.
- Verify the total number of points equal to 20, not 4.
- Repeat these steps for all assessment Forms within the unit. Then, move to the next unit and repeat these steps.
This is an example of the wrong scoring:
This is how it should look after the corrections are made.