Previous: Understanding Goal Properties
On this tab you will specify many of the goal details:
- Active: if this checkbox is checked/on, this goal is available for your students to work on and new students to join. If you make a goal inactive, students will no longer be able to access it (or its scopes), though associated scope data will still remain in their downloadable report.
- Exclude from Reports: if this checkbox is checked/on, this goal will not be available for your reporting users to view. You may choose to set this value for a goal that was used for testing/demo purposes, or for historical goals that no longer need to be accessed.
- The Name of the goal: displayed to students throughout EdReady & available as a report filter.
- note: most non-alphabet characters cannot be included in goal names. You can find more details here.
- Instructions (optional): are used to give students additional information on the goal's scope page.
- Description: If a student clicks on the goal image (either from the dashboard or anywhere else in EdReady), a larger pop-up window will display and they will see the goal description. This field can accept html formatting, including links and images.
- Owner: Used only for back-end administrative purposes, this field is used to help EdReady administrators reach out to the correct person(s) should there be any goal-specific questions. This field defaults to the name of the person who created the goal.
- Access Type: this designation determines how students can see & join your goal:
- Public Goals: can be joined by any students using your version of EdReady.
- Private Goals: can only be joined (and become visible) when students enter the appropriate key/access code (i.e. goal key). Since this goal is not displayed by default, this ensures that only students who have the key will be able to join and work on this goal. The student only needs to enter the key once.
- Note: Once a student has joined a goal, public and private goals behave the same way.
- Goal Type: Goals within EdReady can be one of two types:
- EdReady (internal): these goals make use of EdReady's functionality and students will be working on scopes within EdReady.
- External: these goals allow you to provide links to external websites, resources, etc. Depending on the audience using EdReady, this can be a way to ensure that students are aware of relevant information they may want to access.
- Goal Key: if the goal is private, students will need a key/access code to join the goal. EdReady will assign a default key or you can enter your own (alphanumeric) code here.
- note: Goal Keys are case-sensitive, so students will need to type them in exactly as you have them entered. To avoid confusion, we suggest you use all lowercase (or all uppercase) letters
- Tags: You also have the ability to apply tags to goals so they can more easily be identified in a list
- Goal Image: Image that should represent the goal throughout the site. Students will see the goal image on their dashboard & also (smaller) in the header of the remainder of the site as they pursue the goal. Image specifications: 148 px tall x 234 px wide.
- We have a library of goal images available for you to download and use in the EdReady Toolkit here.
Next: Goals: Associated Scopes