After logging in, the first screen you will see is "Class Settings". This screen allows you to set important options for how your students will interact with the PreAssessments.
On the Edit Settings page, you have several options that affect how the pre-assessment is experienced by your students.
This is a label that only applies in the NROC Course Manager. It must be unique, not just within your institution, but across the entire NROC Course Manager. We recommend coming up with a naming convention that makes sense for your institution and incorporates unique properties such as a class code plus the instructor's name, or your school's initials.
The instructor can reassign the course to another instructor by choosing a name from the list. The Institutional Admin can assign the course to an instructor who does not yet have a Course Manager login by using the Create a New Instructor link.
Note: There can only be one Primary instructor per course. If you are not the NROC Course Manager Administrator for your school, changing the Primary Instructor will prevent you from seeing reports for students in this course.
The instructor can grant access to this course to one or more other instructors by selecting an instructor name from the drop-down list clicking Add. The Institutional Admin can add an instructor to the course who does not yet have a Course Manager login by using the Create an Additional Instructor link. Additional instructors can be removed from the course by clicking the Remove button next to the name of the instructor you would like to remove.
Note: Additional Instructors have access to all of the tabs in the Course Manager EXCEPT the Class Settings tab. Only the Primary instructor can access the Class Settings tab.
The pre-assessment evaluates learners on several groups of learning objectives. There are two ways this evaluation can be delivered:
- Quick – In this scenario, only one question is asked for a group of learning objectives. No follow-up questions are asked if the learner selects the wrong answer.
- Detailed – In this scenario, each learning objective has multiple questions. A high-level question, which covers multiple learning objectives, will be asked first. If the learner selects the wrong answer, a follow-up question is asked for each objective. This can substantially increase the amount of time the student spends testing, but it gives a much more detailed picture of the student's level of mastery.
- None - Turns off pre-assessment functionality entirely, for all units.
- Allowed – Students can take the pre-assessment unlimited times. The highest score will prevail and be shown to the instructor in the Reports tab. The students will see their most recent score.
- Not Allowed – Students can only take the pre-assessment once.
Retake Topic Review -
- Allowed - The student can take the topic review unlimited times. The highest score will prevail and be shown to the instructor in the Reports tab. The students will see their most recent score.
- Not Allowed - Students can only take the topic review once.
Student Request Help Via Email
Turning this option on will display a "contact" button in the course media that allows the student to contact the instructor via email. The email will include information on where the student was working at the time, so the instructor can provide assistance. The email will go to the address registered for the instructor registered with the NROC Course Manager.
As the instructor, you can determine the mastery score required to pass a Topic. This setting affects both the Pre-Assessment itself, and the Topic Review in the course. The default is 80.
*Be sure to Save Changes when you are done setting your options.*