This article applies to EdReady LTI for SSO only. For Developmental Math or Developmental English LTI installations, please see the article on How to Set Up LTI Courses.
IMPORTANT! This article is only an overview of the process; it is NOT complete documentation. The specific requirements for LTI-based SSO integration vary from one application to the next, and cannot be provided in a simple article. Your EdReady Administrator or LMS Administrator can submit a support ticket to arrange a conversation and obtain the appropriate documentation.
This article provides an overview of the process of setting up a simple LTI single sign-on (SSO) integration between EdReady and an LMS. The detailed steps will vary depending on the LMS you are using. Furthermore, there are other protocols (such as SAML) and other systems (such as a SIS) that may be used for EdReady integrations.
Please reach out to your own system's support team and to NROC technical support to have your questions answered. (See below for contact information.)
Understanding LTI Basics
LTI is a set of standards for secure communication that allows two unrelated systems to integrate and share information. In an LTI setup, there are two end-points: the "consumer" and the "provider". In this case, EdReady is the provider. The LMS is the consumer.
The EdReady Administrator must set up certain parameters in EdReady (the provider) so that the LMS (the consumer) can share that information back to EdReady for security verification.
- LTI integration typically requires a cooperative effort between the LMS Administrator and the EdReady Administrator.
- EdReady Administrator will perform some preliminary setup steps within EdReady. The LMS Administrator will set up the LTI tool in the LMS, following the LMS-specific documentation provided by NROC. The LMS Administrator and the EdReady Administrator will then coordinate testing and troubleshooting.
- Further documentation of these steps, as well as the consumer key and secret required for an LTI integration, will be provided when you submit a technical support ticket.
How to proceed or ask questions:
- Go to http://nrocnetwork.org/ticket
- Select the form called "SSO Integration Request". Fill it out and submit it.
- You will receive a response from our Technical Support team within one business day with instructions on how to get started.