The "Matching" problems are an interactive, drag-and-drop interface. Simply click and "drag" an item from the left column and "drop" it on the matching item in the right column.
The "Clear" button will remove all matches so the student can begin again. Depending on your screen resolution, you may need to scroll down to see the "Clear" button.
Please watch the video demo below for additional tips:
Troubleshooting and Getting Help
Here are some things you can try to fix this problem.
- Be sure you have watched the video above for tips.
- Update your browser to the latest version and clear the cache (see https://refreshyourcache.com for steps), then try again. (iOS devices must update the whole device, not just the browser.)
- Safari on iPad has a default setting which is preventing touch operations. To change the setting, go to Settings -> Safari -> Request Desktop Website -> All Websites (on/off). Turn this setting OFF and the browser should regain touch capability.
- There must be enough space between the columns for this to work. If you're on a very small screen (like a phone) try working on a larger screen (the size of an iPad should do it), but you can also try a larger screen, like a laptop or desktop. Rotate your device to use it in wide-screen or landscape mode. If you're on a computer, make sure that your browser window is fully expanded.
- If you have a touchscreen device that ALSO has a mouse or trackpad, try using the mouse or trackpad instead of the touchscreen.
- If you have a trackpad, try enabling "tap to click" in your computer's settings.
- Sometimes problems arise from the page not loading completely. You can try forcing a page refresh by holding down your shift key while refreshing the page. Next, try clearing your browser's cache (see https://refreshyourcache.com), then log back into EdReady.
- Try using a completely different browser. We support Chrome, Firefox, Edge (Windows), and Safari (Mac/iOS). Do not use Internet Explorer.
- If your content is "framed" by your school's website, ask your instructor or tech support to show you how to open NROC or EdReady content in a new tab or window.
If none of those solves the problem for you...
Our technical team needs to collect some information about your device so they can test and find a solution. Please contact us and provide the following information:
1. What model/type of computer or device are you using? (iPad/iPhone users see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471 for help.)
2. What version of its operating system is your device running? (the "operating system" is Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android. We need to know the version number. iPad/iPhone users see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201685 for help.)
3. What browser are you using? (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera, etc.)
4. What is the version number of your browser?
5. What alternate browser(s) did you try and what was your experience?
How to move forward for now....
If you are stuck on a test in EdReady and want to move past the matching questions, just click on "Pass". That will allow you to move forward in the test and get to your study path, while we work on the issue. You will have other opportunities to demonstrate mastery of the concepts when you take the Topic tests.
If you are in the Learn section or study materials ("Practice" or "Review" tests), you can get these questions wrong without penalty; simply accept the wrong answer and move on to the next question.